Marimo Tri-Foot Terrarium Kit
5 Gravel/Stone Color Choices
Considered purveyors of good fortune, Marimo are lovely green algae balls found in only a few fresh water lakes around the globe. There is something wonderfully Zen-like about marimo habitats. Each kit includes a branch-like sea fan and your choice of white stones or green, sky blue, sea blue or red glass gravel to use on the bottom of your aqua terrarium.
- Starts with two authentic mini marimo and a 3.5 inch tri-foot glass terrarium
- Just add regular tap water to complete a serene underwater scene
- Makes a great gift for the young and the young at heart
Marimo* (otherwise known as "Japanese Moss Balls") are unique and extremely easy to care for underwater plants found naturally in only a small handful of lakes around the world. They are highly prized in Japan, where an annual festival is held in their honor!
- 2 Marimo moss balls (10mm diameter)
- 1 footed round terrarium has three little "legs"(4 inches tall and 3.5 inches Diameter)
- (The top opening is about 0.7 inches in diameter)
- 3oz crystal glass gravel/stone
- 1 small sea fan
How to use the Marimo Aqua Terrarium Kit:
- Just place Marimo balls in the included glass orb with some tap water.
- Soak dried sea fan with water before you place it into the orb. Marimo ball will look larger/magnified inside the terrarium.
- Change the water every week or two. They don’t need food but love it when you take them dancing by gently swirling the water.
- Don’t panic if one morning you find one floating at the top of the bowl – the oxygen from photosynthesis moves them up and down!
Tips for keeping your Marimo happy:
- Place them in the refrigerator overnight. They prefer cold water.
- If you notice your Marimo turning brown, rinse it under running water, squeezing it gently. Then, add a pinch of salt to the water in the sphere. Don’t worry - Marimo bounces back quickly!
*Did you know? Marimo grows about .5 cm per year and can live up to 200 years.
Please allow 7 business days for the product to arrive due to special needs for transporting Marimo.