Marimo Footed Aqua Terrarium Kit
Marimo Magic for Home or Office
Marimo are lovely verdant algae balls that live in water. This unique gift set includes 2 mini marimo balls, one small round three-footed terrarium bowl and your choice of two decorative habitat themes. White decorative scene with a little girl and windmill in pretty aqua and white tones or a sky blue glass backdrop with an adorable little rubber ducky.
- Both kits include a white cowrie shell and a black sea fan (resembles a branch)
- Add regular tap water to create a unique underwater scene
- Gazing into a marimo aqua terrarium is a great stress-reliever
- Since marimo bring good luck, this set is ideal for home or office
Marimo* (otherwise known as "Japanese Moss Balls") are unique and extremely easy to care for underwater plants found naturally in only a small handful of lakes around the world. They are highly prized in Japan, where an annual festival is held in their honor!
- 2 marimo moss balls (10mm diameter)
- 1 piece 3.5" footed round terrarium has three little "legs"(4 inches tall and 3.5 inches wide at the base)
- (The top opening is about 0.7 inches in diameter)
- 3 oz sky blue glass gravel/3 oz white stones
- 1 resin yellow duck/1 resin girl and 1 windmill
- Mini seashells
- 1 Sea Fan
How to use the Marimo Aqua Terrarium Kit:
- Just place Marimo balls in the included glass orb with some tap water.
- Soak dried sea fan with water before you place it into the orb. Marimo ball will look larger/magnified inside the terrarium.
- Change the water every week or two. They don’t need food but love it when you take them dancing by gently swirling the water.
- Don’t panic if one morning you find one floating at the top of the bowl – the oxygen from photosynthesis moves them up and down!
Tips for keeping your Marimo happy:
- Place them in the refrigerator overnight. They prefer cold water.
- If you notice your Marimo turning brown, rinse it under running water, squeezing it gently. Then, add a pinch of salt to the water in the sphere. Don’t worry - Marimo bounces back quickly!
*Did you know? Marimo grows about .5 cm per year and can live up to 200 years.
Please allow 7 business days for the product to arrive due to special needs for transporting Marimo.