Marimo Aquarium Kit (Metal Stand)
Bring Zen to the Den
- The Marimo Aqua Terrarium kit comes with two easy-to-care-for Marimo balls and everything you need to create a serene scene.
- “Marimo” is the Japanese name for the lovely green algae balls found in only a few lakes around the world.
- Tiny white shells, a black sea fan, and colorful aquarium gravel come together in the glass sphere to make a peaceful aquatic home for your Marimo balls.
- The curvy metal stand has a 4-inch base, so it only needs a small space on a desk top, table top or bookshelf.
- Marimo algae balls bring good luck, so this Zen-worthy set makes an ideal housewarming, birthday or “just because” gift for a friend, family member or office pal.
Check out more unique Mother's Day home decor ideas at the Apollo Box Blog.
Marimo* (otherwise known as "Japanese Moss Balls") are unique and extremely easy to care for underwater plants found naturally in only a small handful of lakes around the world. They are highly prized in Japan, where an annual festival is held in their honor!
- 2 Marimo moss balls (10mm diameter)
- 1 round glass orb terrarium
- 2 OZ aquarium gravel
- a little tiny white shells
- 1 black sea fan
- Curved metal stand
How to use the Marimo Aqua Terrarium Kit:
- Just place Marimo balls in the included glass orb with some tap water.
- Soak dried sea fan with water before you place it into the orb. Marimo ball will look larger/magnified inside the terrarium.
- Change the water every week or two. They don’t need food but love it when you take them dancing by gently swirling the water.
- Don’t panic if one morning you find one floating at the top of the bowl – the oxygen from photosynthesis moves them up and down!
Tips for keeping your Marimo happy:
- Place them in the refrigerator overnight. They prefer cold water.
- If you notice your Marimo turning brown, rinse it under running water, squeezing it gently. Then, add a pinch of salt to the water in the sphere. Don’t worry - Marimo bounces back quickly!
*Did you know? Marimo grows about .5 cm per year and can live up to 200 years.
Please allow 7 business days for the product to arrive due to special needs for transporting Marimo.